The Killarney Heights Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) meets twice each school term. Tuesday evenings of Week 3 and Week 8 at 7pm. Meetings feature regular reports from the P&C Executive, P&C sub-committees and also the KHPS Principal.
The KHPS P&C Executive consists of a President, Secretary, Treasurer and two Vice-Presidents. In addition there are a number of sub-committees that provide the opportunity for parent participation. These include:
· Band Committee – a newly formed committee which manages the organisation of the 4 school bands.
· Bookclub Committee – co-ordinates the distribution of book purchases from external parties by school families.
· Canteen Committee – assists the Canteen Manager with the running and staffing of our school canteen.
· Communications Committee – provides liaison between the school and class parents to ensure effective communication between these parties.
· Events & Fundraising Committee – co-ordinates and organises the raising of additional funds to support school facilities and learning programs. Typically this committee consists of parents of students in Year 1 at KHPS.
· Uniform Shop Committee – organises and runs the uniform shop.
In addition the P&C liaises with the French speaking Association North Shore (FANS) regarding the provision of the unique English/French Bilingual program offered at KHPS
All families and carers with students at KHPS are welcome and encouraged to get involved with the P&C. It is your opportunity to get involved in discussions and decisions that will impact your children in their time at school and a great way to meet other families at the school as well as an opportunity to hear from the Principal and senior members of the teaching staff to gain a greater understanding of the workings of the school.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the P&C or to get involved, just email firstname.lastname@example.org