Kindergarten enrolments (First year of school)

Children may begin school at the start of the school year providing their 5th birthday occurs on, or before 31 st July in that year. Parents enrolling children in Kindergarten should bring:

  • Birth Certificate of the child
  • Immunisation History Statement from NSW Department of Health or Medicare,
  • Proof of address (e.g. Rates Notice or Electricity bill), and
  • A completed Application to enrol in a NSW Government school form.

If both parents were born overseas, you will need to provide your passport and current visa documents. If you are not a permanent resident a fee may be required to be paid before entry into the school.

Each year, a comprehensive Kindergarten Orientation Program is developed giving children and parents the opportunity to make strong links with the school prior to children starting school.

2018 enrolments are now being taken from the beginning of Term 2, and applications from out of area must be received prior to Friday 25th of August 2017.

Enrolment Form

Please refer below to information below regarding temporary tesidents, parents born overseas, parents residing overseas or non-permanent residents.

General enrolments

When enrolling at Killarney Heights Public School, parents are required to attend an enrolment interview and present documentation. A starting date may be determined after this interview. To book an interview, please phone the school office on (02) 9451 9547. For this interview, parents need to supply:

If both parents are born overseas, copies of parents' Australian passports, Citizenship and/or Permanent Residency is required.  

Please book an interview before November this year if you are planning to start your child at our school at the beginning of next year in Years 1 to 6. This would greatly assist us with our planning.

If you are currently residing overseas and plan to start in the Bilingual Program in the following year, you may not be able to attend the enrolment interview this year. In these cases only, please email the documents above to the school email: If proof of residential address in Australian is not currently finalised, please provide a local contact number if possible.

If you are not a permanent resident, a fee may be required to be paid to the Department of Education before entry to the school. Temporary Residents to Australia are required to complete a Temporary Residents Authority to Enrol Form to enrol in a NSW Public School. Click here for more information on the Temporary Residents Program.

Information sessions are organised for new and prospective parents to the school. Please contact the school office on 94519547 or email: for more details. Further information on enrolling at a NSW Public School is available on the Department of Education Website.

Enrolment Form


Bilingual Program

If you wish to enrol into the Bilingual Program please mark this on your application and bring it with you to your enrolment interview.

For more information enrolling in the Bilingual Program please contact the school office to speak to the Principal or Deputy Principal, consult the KHPS website or contact the French-speaking Association of the North Shore, Sabine Duffy 02 9451 4185 or email:

For more information please read the FANS website.

Cliquez ici pour lire cette page en français.